Monday, February 23, 2009

The Burger

What a buddy.  McKay started referring to him as "Grahamburger" shortly after his birth to indicate those time when Graham was less than pleased with his situation.  It has since become an everyday name and shortened to "Burger" or "the Burger" if you want to be more formal.  We must also give a shout-out to Amy and Paxton for the loan of the burger shirt.  I think it was all meant to be.

January and February have of course flown by.  My return to work has been better than I could have ever hoped for.  I am in the office only 20 hours a week, and to be honest, I feel like I'm getting away with something.  McKay is home with our little buddy while I'm gone, and since he just loves his papa, it has been a very smooth transition.  I got all of my meltdowns out before I went back, and I have to say that seeing how well things are going, I don't know what all my fuss was about!  I could not have asked for a better situation.

And what makes everything all the more wonderful is that it feels like spring!!!  I've started wearing bright colors and short sleeves to let the weather know my feelings, and I check my flowerbed daily to see if the daffy-down-dillies have started to make their entrance.  Nothing yet, but I think any day!!  We have even finally given in and purchased Graham a stroller.  He is loving this new independence of sitting upright and being the master of all that he sees, albeit with so many straps he looks like he could also be about to ride the Maliboomer.

Graham also made it to his first Jazz game (thanks Sam and Kel for the tickets).  He ended up yacking 6 times (all of them on McKay, I might add).  He also tried very hard to get the drink from the cup holder of the man next to us, but alas to no avail, and he almost ended up falling asleep in my arms during the 3rd quarter but coaching tips from the lady behind us ended up making that impossible.

All-in-all, it has been a fine couple of months for us.  My valentine took to me a fabulous dinner, Aunt Camille took the sweetest care of our Burger, McKay was able to golf in Vegas with his buddies, and I think I have mastered Julia Child's "white sauce."  I'll let you know how "brown sauce" goes!!!  Love to ya'll.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bay He is adorable!!

Jenny Bay said...

What a cutie! It's so fun to see pictures!

Lil Lizzie said...

what a champ! love the nickname . . . and i'm so glad i finally got to meet the little guy! glad you guys are doing well :) love ya!

Joy and Ted said...

Thanks for posting! It was so fun to read an update on the 3 of you. I don't think Grahamburger could get any cuter!! AND, I am so happy to hear that work is going well for you. What a perfect set-up! We are so excited to see you in April. Let's figure out some time when you can come over. Talk to you soon. Love ya!

Taylor Ensign said...

We love the Burger. Next time leave the burger with us so Mckay can come home with a clean shirt.

Sherri said...

He is so adorable! I love his bright eyes. It was really fun seeing you last week, thanks for driving up to meet us.

Andrew and Ariel said...

Fun to find you in this wide, wild world! Cute little burger you got there! We've got one too! (Although in some ways, mine might deserve that nickname a bit more!)
Hope you guys are doing well!
-Indi