Monday, November 2, 2009

Autumnal Update


It has been a great fall. We hit the fair, which is a must for me. McKay feels it is a little too white trash. But isn't that why we go...to reconnect with the trashy within us??? The butter cow was choice, sorry no pics, and the corn dog was as delicious as I'd dreamed. The giant yellow slide was everything you'd want a giant yellow slide to be. Graham, pictured below post slide, did not feel the same.


Do you think I'm a bad parent for pushing the slide too early?? I was going to make him go again, but McKay nipped that one in the bud.


Little ol' Aug left for the MTC. This is us pictured outside Market Street after his last breakfast of freedom. I had eggs benedict. They were delicious.

Inspired by the Ken Burns series on National Parks (I know, I got my nerd on), I said our fall trip this year had to be to a National Park. We chose Yellowstone, and it was magnificent...minus the hotel nights with Graham. That could have possibly been our worst nights together....ever. I decided long about 3 AM that he would be an only child. We may reconsider, but the event is still too close to make an unbiased decision. Below are featured several more fab pics from our trip.


A boy and his dad.

A boy and his mom. (I think we're both looking at a dog).

Graham getting his walk on.

After swimming in the pool in Idaho Falls. The pool was one part water to two parts chlorine. It burned.

McKay always made certain that Graham had a great view of some of natures most gnarly creations.

I show the picture of rice and beans at this point to allow for easy transition to the end of this post, but mostly to comment on how much my baby loves rice and beans. He has become the pickiest of eaters, but we discovered on a Cafe Rio night that rice and beans does it for him. So, my fabulous sister-in-law has a fabulous recipe for Cafe Rio rice, and this is what he'll have for dinner most nights when he won't even attempt a try at whatever else I've prepared. I started putting shredded carrots and peas in it just to bump up the nutritional value.

He was a darling doggy for Halloween. Thanks Amy, for the costume loan. He was just as stickin' cute as he is pictured here. He would even venture a "fuff, fuff," if he felt so inclined when prompted.

Only bit of sad news was the passing of our dear "princess puppy pants," Bella. She has been with us for 11 good long years, and she went to that big backyard in the sky this October. It was very sad.

I close with a video of Graham and Old Faithful. He loved...the benches.

9 comments:

Jenny Bay said...

I love all the pictures! What a cutie Graham is. Love you!

Sherri said...

We are the total same with the fair. I love it and Sam hates it. I make him go. But I must say the Utah Fair is SO much better than the OC Fair. Every year I say we need to go to UT for it.

One thing we've found to be helpful when traveling with the babes is a suite. It keeps you at your distance and allows you to watch TV, talk, or whatever after you put the baby to bed. Total worth the extra money!

Andrew and Ariel said...

What great pictures! Fun fall!

Heidi said...

I love me a good carny. :) The costume is adorable. And amen on Sherri's suite advice. What also works well for us is 2 beds and earplugs, then one of us gets to sleep.

Mary said...

Honeylamb - when did your boy become such a long drink of water?

Alisa Ensign said...

So seeing Graham's rice and beans has made me crave Rio. I will probably send Taylor to pick it up for dinner. I need a copy of your rice recipe.

Ruth Stoneman said...

Hey Baby - fabulous post and pics! The Graham video of Old Faithful one-upped by benches is priceless. love ooh!

Brooke S. said...

Molly! How could your baby be so much cuter and other people's baby? These pictures are so fabulous. We especially love the look on Graham's face in the "fuff" costume.

The Burns would be proud.

Marnie said...

Lots of fun pictures! So you got Graham hooked on some rice & beans, eh? You need to take him to Belize! I love the fair and Yellowstone too! And of course the Halloween costume is adorable. Where is your brother going on his mission?